Mental illness such as depression and anxiety are common with more than 1 in 5 Australians having an episode of “more than the blues” in their life. The best way to tackle mental issues is to talk it out and discuss with experts. At our clinic for Mental Health in Melbourne, doctors understands that communicating is key for your mental illness recovery.
Wellness Medicine Clifton Hill is able to offer caring, confidential and comprehensive care for people who are worried about their mental health. Our doctors are fully trained in common issues such as depression and anxiety as well as less common presentations such as schizophrenia, bipolar, borderline personality disorder and many other mental health issues.
When is the right time to visit a GP?
At our Melbourne based mental health clinic, doctors mostly come across patients with noticeable changes in the way they think and feel. If you experience similar things, consulting with a GP is a good start.
- Feeling anxious or worrying constantly for a long time
- Mood swings and difficulty to concentrate
- Loss of appetite and sleep deprived
- Thinking negative and not enjoying carrying day-to-day activities
- Seeing or hearing things that others don’t experience
How is consulting a GP helpful?
GPs can provide a wide range of care services not limited to:
- Carry out tests to see any physical health causes for symptoms
- Check you diet, sleeping habits, medications or other illness
- Prescribe medicines, therapies and advises.
- Provide referrals to specialists, psychologists or psychiatrists if required
- Provide customised GP Management Plans
Our team has access to a wide range of psychology services as well as local psychiatrists and psychiatric hospitals should the need arise.
If you are worried that a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others please call “000” for immediate assistance.
Outside of practice hours the following services can be helpful: