Although latest figures suggest Australia has just lost its title as the Skin Cancer capital of the world to New Zealand, the fact remains that we do have a very high incidence of skin cancer. It’s estimated that 80% of all cancers diagnosed in Australia are skin cancers, and more than 95% of those are caused by over-exposure to UV rays.
If you answer yes to any of the following points, you should see us (or your closest skin cancer clinic) for an annual skin check:
- Fair skin, lighter coloured eyes, easy freckling.
- Family history of skin cancers, melanomas, etc.
- Easily get sun burnt. Higher risk if easily blistering skin.
- Previously had skin lesions, moles, cancers removed.
- High degree of sun exposure through work or previous occupations.
- If you have more than 20 moles on the body.
What to look for before you come to see us? This skin cancer identification poster by the Cancer Council Australia is what you can inform yourselves with before the consultation.
We provide a thorough skin check utilising the latest and best of equipment and can provide you with treatment options, if needed, that can be done in house or be referred to specialist. A majority of the cases can be easily managed in house and may not require further specialist input. Our clinic also offers biopsies, treatment options like curettes and cryotherapy and most forms of excision treatments, all of which have been proven to have good treatment outcomes with minimal scarring.
Why don’t you find out more by calling us today on 03) 9489 7955